Privacy Notice – For clients and other users
buyingTeam Limited t/a Proxima (“Proxima”) (a company registered in England, registration number 6029614) takes your privacy very seriously. This Privacy Notice is intended to set out your rights and answer any queries you may have about your personal data. If you need more information, please contact: PrivacyTeam@proximagroup.com
If you have entered into a contract with us or one of our subsidiaries or group companies, the controller of your data will be Proxima. Our personal information handling policy and procedures have been developed in line with the requirements of the 1995 European Union Data Protection Directive (Directive 95/46/EC) and the General Data Protection Regulation (in force from 25 May 2018) and applicable national law.
1. What information do we collect?
We may collect personal information from you in the course of our business, including through the use of our website, when you contact or request information from us or when you engage our services.
The personal information that we collect may include:
- contact details such as your name, the company you work for, your job title or position, your postal and email addresses and phone numbers
- technical information such as information from your visits to our website or applications
- information you provide to us for the purposes of attending meetings and events, including access and dietary requirements;
- personal information provided to us by or on behalf of our clients or generated by us in the course of providing services to them
- any other information you provide to us
2. How do we use this information
We process the personal data listed in paragraph 1 above for the following purposes:
- to manage and administer our relationship with you and our clients;
- to provide information you request from Proxima
- to provide and improve this website, including and monitoring its use
- to comply with applicable law and regulation;
- to protect Proxima’s legitimate business interests and legal rights, including but not limited to, use in connection with legal claims, compliance, regulatory and investigative purposes (including disclosure of such information in connection with legal process or litigation);
- to respond to any comments or complaints we may receive from you, and/or in accordance with our legitimate interests including to investigate any complaints received from you or from others, about our website or our products or services;
- to promote our services including sending updates, event details and other relevant communications;
- to invite you to take part in market research or surveys.
3. With whom and where will we share your personal data?
We may share your personal data with other companies in the Proxima group and the Bain & Company group for the purposes of inter-group administration and to deliver services where elements of these are provided by group companies other than those with which you have directly contracted.
We may also share your personal data with the following third parties:
- our professional advisors such as our auditors and external legal and financial advisors;
- marketing and communications agencies where they have agreed to process your personal data in line with this Privacy Notice;
- market research companies;
- our business partners and sub-contractors;
- search engine and web analytics; and/or
- service providers who will process it on behalf of Proxima for the purposes detailed in this Privacy Notice. Such third parties include, but are not limited to, providers of website services and IT infrastructure hosting and maintenance, government authorities and/or law enforcement officials if required for the purposes detailed in this privacy notice, if mandated by law or if needed for the legal protection of our legitimate interests in compliance with applicable laws.
Third Party Processors
Our carefully selected partners and service providers may process personal information about you on our behalf as described below:
- Microsoft, Corp.
- HubSpot, Inc.
- Zodo Ltd
In the event that our business or any part of it is reorganised, sold or integrated with another business, we may need to transfer your information to new Proxima entities, advisors or to third parties through which the business of Proxima will be carried out.
4. How long will you keep my personal data?
Your personal data will be retained in line with our data retention policy, which categorises the information we hold and the relevant retention period which will vary dependent upon the requirements of the applicable data protection laws and the purpose for which the information was collected and is used, taking into account regulatory or legal requirements to retain the information for a minimum period, limitation periods for taking legal action, good practice and Proxima’s business purposes.
5. Where is my data stored?
The personal data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) such as in the United States of America. It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Where that is the case, Proxima ensures that your personal data is protected by using appropriate legal mechanisms..
6. What are my rights in relation to my personal data?
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data, clicking the unsubscribe button on any communication we have sent to you or by contacting us.
Where you have consented to us using your personal data, you can withdraw that consent at any time.
If the information we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you can notify us and ask us to correct or supplement it.
You also have the right, with some exceptions and qualifications, to ask us to provide a copy of any personal data we hold about you.
If you have a complaint about how we have handled your personal data, you may be able to ask us to restrict how we use your personal data while your complaint is resolved. In some circumstances you can ask us to erase your personal data (a) by withdrawing your consent for us to use it; (b) if it is no longer necessary for us to use your personal data; (c) if you object to the use of your personal data and we don’t have a good reason to continue to use it; or (d) if we haven’t handled your personal data in accordance with our obligations.
7. Where can I find more information about Proxima’s handling of my data?
Should you have any queries regarding this Privacy Notice, about Proxima’s processing of your personal data or wish to exercise your rights you can contact Proxima using this email address: PrivacyTeam@proximagroup.com. If you are not happy with our response, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office: https://ico.org.uk/
Privacy Notice – For job applicants
In addition to our general Privacy Notice above, the following will also apply to you if you are applying for a role at Proxima.
Unless we inform you otherwise during the recruitment process, Proxima will be your data controller and will be the company to which you provide your consent for the processing of your personal data.
1. What information do we collect and process?
We collect and process personal data about you when you apply for a job with us.
The personal data we process may include:
- your name, home address, email address and/or phone numbers;
- your date of birth, marital status, nationality and National Insurance number (where you provide this to us);
- your educational and employment history;
- other information contained within your CV or other documents or information you submit to us;
- information from the selection process, if any;
- references and assessments relating to your work for previous employers;
- medical and financial information (where you provide this to us);
- information to confirm your identity and right to work, such as a copy of your passport;
- details of any unspent criminal convictions; and
- information relating to your feedback on our organisation.
- with your specific consent, information relating to your ethnicity, gender, nationality, disability, religion, sexual orientation and other diversity-related information.
2. What is the source of this information?
We obtain this information directly from you, our personnel, through our online and offline recruitment processes and systems, as well as from third parties such as recruitment agencies, background checking companies or former employers. We may also obtain it from your public profiles available online.
3. How do we use this information?
We process the personal data listed in paragraph 1 above for the following purposes only in accordance with our legitimate interests:
- to make recruitment decisions;
- to enable us to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- to prevent and detect fraud and other wrongdoing;
- to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights; and
- to manage risk.
4. With whom and where will we share your personal data?
All applications to Proxima are managed on the iKrut platform, owned and operated by Zodo Ltd.
5. How long will you keep my personal data?
We will not keep your personal information for longer than is necessary and will only retain the personal information that is necessary to fulfil the purpose. We are also required to retain certain information by law or if it is reasonably necessary to meet regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our terms and conditions.
We will keep the personal data connected to your job application (including any interview records) for 12 months from the date of their creation by Proxima or receipt from you. If your application is successful and you become a member of staff we will provide you with a copy of the Staff Privacy Notice. The retention periods referred to therein will apply to your personal data during your employment.